Bob Dylan – First Time In The Lowlands
My CDRs = Remu Records RR 2844 (The Netherlands 1999)
De Kuip, Feijenoord Stadion, Rotterdam, The Netherlands – June 23, 1978
At the beginning of Disc 2 Track 10, a very talkative Dylan says:
---Thank you, I wanna introduce the band to you now. You know I never asked you to do stupid things, never asked you to clap along, never tell you any jokes. I do want to get some applause out of you for the members of this band. To show your appreciation!
On the bass and drums, from England, Ian Wallace!
On the bass guitar, Jerry Scheff!
On the keyboards, Alan Pasqua!
Lead guitar, Billy Cross!
On the rhythm guitar, a direct descendant to Stephen Foster, Steve Soles!
On the mandolin and violin, steel guitar, 6 string guitar, David Mansfield!
On the tenor saxophone, a man who'll go around and you'll remember, Mr. Steven Douglas.
On the conga drums from Detroit, Bobbye Hall!
On the background vocals tonight. Lots of people say they sound like a group called The I-Threes. I'm not too familiar with that group, or The Supremes, but they don't sound like The Supremes. They sound more like the old Raelets. I'm gonna introduce them to you now. On the left my fiancée, Miss Carolyn Dennis! On the right, my current girlfriend: Jo Ann Harris! And in the middle, my childhood sweetheart, taught me everything I know: Helena Springs!
We'll do this song recorded a few years back in New York City. Called It's Alright Ma, I'm Only Bleeding.---
Bob Dylan’s first performance in The Netherlands
The opening acts were Lake (German-British band), then Eric Clapton, then Champion Jack Dupree.
I was there, one of the 52,000+ people attending the event – one of the most cherished concerts in my life – and I attended hundreds and hundreds of them!
My original CDRs burned from original cassettes recordings have deteriorated in part, so some tracks were provided by William; thanks to him.
1. Stage Announcement (0:10)
2. A Hard Rain's A-Gonna Fall (instrumental) (4:11)
3. Love Her With A Feeling (2:25)
4. Baby Stop Crying (5:29)
5. Mr. Tambourine Man (5:03)
6. Shelter From The Storm (4:36)
7. Love Minus Zero-No Limit (3:30)
8. Tangled Up In Blue (7:19)
9. Ballad Of A Thin Man (4:43)
10. Maggie's Farm (5:03)
11. I Don't Believe You (She Acts Like We Never Have Met) (4:30)
12. Like A Rolling Stone (6:41)
13. I Shall Be Released (4:22)
14. Going, Going, Gone (4:34)
15. Rainy Day Women #12 & 35 (0:58)
16. One Of Us Must Know (Sooner Or Later) (3:56)
17. You're A Big Girl Now (4:50)
1. One More Cup Of Coffee (Valley Below) (3:37)
2. Blowin' In The Wind (4:52)
3. I Want You (3:11)
4. Señor (Tales Of Yankee Power) (4:59)
5. Masters Of War (4:18)
6. Just Like A Woman (5:32)
7. Don't Think Twice, It's All Right (5:21)
8. All Along The Watchtower (3:58)
9. All I Really Want To Do (3:33)
10. It's Alright, Ma (I'm Only Bleeding) (9:22)
11. Forever Young (7:45)
12. I'll Be Your Baby Tonight (3:36)
13. The Times They Are A-Changin' (7:35)
Artwork Included (front, back, CDs)